Monday, June 11, 2007

Reports of My Death Are Only Hopeful

Okay, I'm not dead. I'm tired. I haven't been reading any blogs much, I haven't had energy to think about what is going on around me. I had hoped today to play catch up, but alas, life caught up. I probably should have done this last night when I wasn't sleeping, but I was too busy focusing on stuff that I can't control. So, needless to say nothing has been writen.

I will say, I am still stunned from hearing a patients father tell me (and administration when he complained about me) that he didn't care what we (oh, said this to the doctor that told him we wanted his daughter sedated) that if he "wanted to wake her up he would, and it didn't matter if it was not in her best interest!" I was also instructed in new tattoo care.

When you get in situations, you have to seperate the patient from the family. I liked the patient, of course, I like most people when they are properly sedated with ativan, versed, haldol, or geodon.

I'm going to now carry my anemic blood, my ear with the effusion (oh, I had a checkup today), and my tired booty to bed. I have to work tomorrow and I expect someone will expect me to actually earn my money. I will have a lot to say when I finally sit down and sort it out.

1 comment:

Midlife Midwife said...

Hi Tig,
I hope you are starting to feel better. I too have been away from the blog world for awhile. Life just gets in the way...wait! I mean blogging just gets in the way of life sometimes. Sometimes living our lives is just much more important than bloggin about them. Hugs and good thoughts are coming your way today.