Monday, July 16, 2007

Ode to Movie Popcorn


Disclaimer: I am NOT a poet, my favourite poet is Ogden Nash. Please lower your expectations here.

Ode to Movie Popcorn

How I love you,
dare I say, let me count the ways.
You bid to me as I dream of the movie
You call out to me as none at home can do.

You are drenched in petroleum products
called "butter"
You harden my arteries as you encircle
my circulatory system.

Yet I cannot resist,
at times I flock to the cinema
only for you do I seek.
Nay, not the flick.

You say, why oh why do you partake?
Heck if I know, but I must.
Even now, I am not sated (hope this is the right use of the word??)
You call, you call, you call.


*this is probably going to be revisited, but I had to start somewhere.

1 comment:

Midlife Midwife said...

Hey, pretty good. I think I will go get a bowl of popcorn and read the poem all over again!