Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The Restaurant


Thanks to the drug company I was allowed in one of the better restaurants in my town. And let me say, I do thank them. The thing is, the owner of the restaurant grows the greens for his salads. What I don't understand is, why do we now leave the stems on the ends of the green things? And why am I eating stuff that reminds me of what I used to throw away out of the garden and eat out of the yard (haven't mentioned my fixation on imitating the horse, have I??) It was rather embarassing having the green stems hang out of my mouth while sipping on the very fine wine. And I wonder why my boss rarely takes me anywhere!!

It was fun, I appreciated learning the differences between cardene and nipride, both of which I am very comfortable with. But remember, I'm the one that thrives on adrenaline. I do enjoy these dinners the speaker though made one false statement that all the ICU nurses corrected him on: patients can live forever in the ICU, we all know the stories.

On that note, my "friend" that I also precepted in the unit was delighting the aides today with stories of my disasters. I had forgotten some of them, but it was fun hearing her perspective on those things. Okay, a quickie: one of her first days in the unit, code was called, doc was in the room with our pt (we hadn't even seen the pt yet - first thing in the morning), we go to the code...... as we are bringing the code pt down to the unit they call a code in our unit. I walk in, it's MY patient. Seems the doc let him get up to go to the bathroom and he suddenly didn't feel well, they got him back in bed and that was pretty much all hey could do. The family had all gone home, they had been there all night and he was fine. Rather awkward moment explaining that one.

Another day tomorrow.........

1 comment:

moody rn said...

HEY!!! What's with the "" around friend?!?! That makes it sound like you really don't like me or something!! You keep that up and Eeyore might not find his way home next time ;)!!Had a really GREAT time at work today. Thanks for always being such a good sport. Love you!!! Moody RN