Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Kids!!!


Don't ya love them??? Continuing sources of entertainment. My guys are 23, 20, and 17. All boys, all boy. I have found that if I just stay around them, hanging, I learn more about my kids than I could any other way. Picture this, one border collie being held facing forward by one boy, another tossing the ball to the dog for her to catch. Another is discussing why they should get a penguin as opposed to a weasel. I'm in shock at this point. Then they talk about how they could put a shark in my new aquarium to eat my tetras...... oh yeah, just kidding mom.

I'm talking about painting the house, they don't care what colour I paint their rooms, one just points at the colour chart while not looking! I don't get it..... They just want it done quickly so I'm not in their way.

I also was listening to them describe homeschool to someone. Basically they focused on how the youngest one always has one of the animals in his possession during school. The dog "answers" the questions the cat is usually forced to dance around. Could explain why the cat is so unhappy during the school year.

And yet I know I will miss them when they move out.

2 comments:

Midlife Midwife said...

yep...you will miss them. Enjoy it while you can.

M. Lumpkin said...

I don't have your email somehow. You are cordially invited to the last hurrah at the lumpkin abode. We're celebrating E's 2nd birthday and cleanning our box-filled appartment! Yay! BYOF'n D: Bring Your Own Foodn' Drink (we'll be without fridge during said party). Email mattlumpkin at gmail dot com or call 501-749-6777 for questions/comments/directions. Friday night between 5 and 8. Be there or be square. The movers come on Saturday. Judgment day.

Matt