Saturday, August 04, 2007

The Party




Went to a surprise party tonight, the guy was actually surprised! It was a lot of the people from the church, whatever our church is now. One of my favourite things is watching people, and watching the other people watchers in the group. Example, the host of the group watches from across the room, and I loved watching his reactions to the folks. It was quite a mix of folks, and they know about the blog so this could be interesting.

The seniors that aren't that senior. Agewise, maybe, but I don't really see a seperation in us. They have more life experience, and when the karoke machine came out they went with a different group of songs (Beautiful Doll, When the Saints Go Marching In). But they sang early on and laughed at it and at us. The church had really been blessed with an awesome group of older folks, some of the ones I knew better have gone on to be with Jesus, and I wonder often had some of them been here if the church would have had some of the problems it does. I don't think so. Anyway, this is a fun lot that can teach us a lot.

The mids: I think that's me and a few others. One is particuarly interesting to me: she is surrounded by males, and she looks like she should have had girls to be on her side. At times she seems frail yet she keeps them in line. I actually came to know her more because her father, like mine, died in the unit I work in. I forget that at times when I laugh about being the angel of death, or at some of the things, but I think I did her right when her dad was a patient. This group has people that are serious about following the Lord and about doing things right. Yet they can have fun in a good way.

This group, including the ones that weren't there tonight, has come together out of necessity. They have quickly merged into people of action. I'm interested to see how this will work out. I hope that the relationships will last though.

No comments: