Saturday, August 25, 2007

"I Used To Do Drugs, I Still Do, But I Used To Too"


However, these days the drugs are Maalox, Crestor, and Metformin. Mitch Hedberg is one of the funniest comics I've ever heard. Sadly, he died a few months ago, heart condition. Mitch is not for the ones with virgin ears, he comes out of the drug culture, similar to how I feel about Cheech and Chong.

Last weekend I watch a bunch of stuff on TV about rock culture and the drug years of the 60's and 70's. I found that it brought back memories and feelings that I would rather not be reminded of. At my advanced age, I probably dwell to much on what might have been. Sometimes I feel like I'm two different people. There are days I would love to sit in a dark room, drink Crown and listen to Pink Floyd or Clapton doing the blues. Then there are the days that I am devoted to reading the Bible and music that is along that genre. Can the two co-habitate? Methinks yes, but then I feel guilty about that. But then, by the time I went and bought the crown and found the CD the mood would probably pass, and finding a quite place in the house is almost nonexistant. Oh well. I could eat Ben and Jerry's and stare at the fish......... Almost the same effect and about the same level of sin for me. (not the fish, the ice cream)

Thinking of the fish, maybe I'm like my neons, one of them is always away from the others... did they push him away, is he thinking, does he want to be friends with the angel tetras? So many things to wonder.

No comments: