Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Another day of vacation shot to heck

tigspeaks Today was day two of vacation. I spent it doing school with the remaining child at home, then lunch with the pastors wife, then kid to doctor (that shot a couple of hours). We did get to go out for dinner, spouse's birthday. He totally enjoyed the present - itunes gift card and time with the boys (these guys are 22, 19, and 16 - we don't get much time with them).

I've been reading some of the blogs, I'm working on trying to put my thoughts down but trying to figure out how I want to get there. Anyway, the nice thing about vacation was being away from the unit, but then, they called today to tell me how bad it was. I really don't mind, I'm thankful for my friends and that they trust me enough to vent. Sounds like it was horrible, a day where there were very few really experienced nurses and sick patients. But, in the modern world of nursing, this is where they get experience. The patients survived, the nurses survived. Well, we are noticing there are some that may need to find another area to work in if they can't get it together. But, time will tell.

Tomorrow is another day, need to clean, have lunch with yet another friend, and do school with the kid. Hopefully he will get educated in spite of who his teacher is.

1 comment:

Smalltown RN said...

Welcome to the blog world "tigspeaks" Yes I medical folk do lack in the sleep department.....but it is all worth it in the end.

There are so many wonderful medical bloggers out there....I don't know which ones' you have visited yet but some of my favorites are Dr. A, Fat doctor, jellyhead, OncRN, tj, oh there are so many......I have made a world of friends via the blog and it has helped in some cases with medical issues.

What term are you in? How is it going? What do u like most about nursing so far....what bugs you the most about nursing....

come visit me at my sight....love to hear from you....cheers...