Thursday, September 14, 2006

tigspeaks

HELP.......
I need some help please. For anyone reading this that is medical. How do you, in other parts of the universe (since I have only said I'm in the south - and actually anyone here as well) deal with end of life issues in your hospitals or units (I'm in Critical Care). Specifically if you are withdrawing care on a patient. I will eventually address a recent issue that I had to deal with, but still trying to decide how much I can share. Overall, a physician I don't think should have given withdrawal orders did, and wanted to give more medication than would have been neccesary to provide "comfort" while the ventilator was withdrawn.

The other thing is, compared to most of the blogs I've looked at, mine sucks. Ideals????

Thanks..

No comments: