Saturday, December 16, 2006

Anger

Funny, anger has been on my mind this week. I'm having to deal with a situation where some folks have been angry and now the waves from that are affecting others. There is also my *cough* occasional bad mood and how that affects the tone of the home and the unit. I usually snap out fairly quickly, but the damage is done. Then there are words spoken in anger, many times these are true words, but probably not the way you would have either wanted to hear it or have said it. They can never be taken back. You can be forgiven, but the damage is always there. Your family, co-workers have all seen and heard it. It spoils the time that we had together.

Today when there was tension in the air I said something that I thought would make someone feel better, but alas, not only not true, he came back in anger. What he said was true. I guess it's been held back for years. Oh well. It will pass. I'm trying to learn not to respond when someone is angry, I started this at work and am trying to continue it at home. Maybe it's a good thing, maybe not, but it keeps me from having to repent quite as much. Silence is not always a bad thing.

Now, I'm going to get off my lazy duff and get some stuff done. I had to sort through papers this morning, found lots of things of my mom and dad: photo's, their papers, and traded in my dad's truck for a newer vehicle for my son. *my eyes are leaking* Anyway, where is my iPod????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Silence is not always a bad thing". I agree 100%. My problem: When I'm angry and I keep my mouth shut, I always feel like I'm going to explode into 100 million pieces.