Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas

I hope that all of you have a wonderful Christmas and that the one who we celebrate will be the focus of your day. My family celebrated today in order to allow me to partake, as the organization I work for is requiring my presence tomorrow. I don't mind too much, obviously I would prefer to be with family, but the patients didn't particually want to be in the hospital then either.

It was good here, we went to church this morning and the Christmas Eve service tonight. We spent some time together this afternoon. It's funny how much the kids have changed and yet how little they have changed. Chocolate milk is still the big drink, only now they can just go buy it themselves. #2 son is impatient with wrapping paper, and will tear the other boys paper if they go slow. They say they don't remember when we had birthday cake for Jesus and sang to him, but they have always understood the reason we celebrate (and yet they always take the presents).

Enough. Sorry, it's my favourite time, and yet I always stress over it wishing it could be better. I don't have the decorate gene, I'm not creative, and I get frustrated because it's not perfect. Today's migraine proved that. Sometimes I think, one more song, one more hug. Merry Christmas, maybe I should reread what I posted y'day, and go play a carol.......

No comments: