Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Butterflies

I'm ADD, no official diagnosis, but I know. Two thirds of my children are ADD, I know where they got it. I never used to think I was, maybe it's that I'm older or maybe it's because my dad isn't here to beat me into stillness.

I'm really working on trying to look like I'm listening, or actually maybe trying to convince the other person I'm listening. I think the image of chasing butterflies is the best description, or a cocker spaniel, could be a lab. Definitely not a border collie, gee they really focus (one of my friends wants to take my BC to his college class on the first day to show them how they should focus). Lately I think it's worse.... I find myself going to do one thing, getting distracted, doing something else, then realizing I'm off down the bunny trail (ie, chasing rabbits). My poor friends, how they suffer...... "yes, I'll do that for you!!" and then off I go, totally NOT doing what I planned.

Maybe I need meds, I just really hate adding something else to the regimen. For those that know me, I'm truly sorry, I'm honestly trying. May I suggest a light tap on the cheek when I get glassy eyed, or a shock collar......... I have an extra now. But then, who would I trust to push the button...........

No comments: