Monday, January 29, 2007

How is a Brucheon like a Christmas Party?

Good question!! The answer: some idiot decided that I should plan the unit Christmas party. I didn't understand why, I hate shopping, making decisions, and I procrastinate. The idiot typing this blog volunteered to speak at a luncheon for the ladies at the church on heart health. It's this Saturday... I work Thursday and Friday. I'm thinking it's time to work on the presentation. Of course, I'm also thinking about what would happen if I catch that horrible stomach bug that is going around. It would get me out of the stress of speaking to the ladies AND the nieces wedding.

Why am I hesitant? One, I've not been the most faithful to the church over the last several years. I did start attending regularly this Easter but most of the people I knew in the church have left. I'm not in the mood to be that social. Two, I always worry about what to say, I have a rather dark sense of humour, not everyone gets me. On the upside, a friend will be with me, she's very proper, they will like her.

Oh well, it's a done deal. Now to do the work. I've just got to get a power point presentation put together. I know the material. Off to work (but I'd rather read).

No comments: