Tuesday, January 02, 2007

iPod

The iPod is a marvelous creation. I never thought I would like something so much. It has become my new best friend for distasteful tasks. Wal Mart, Kroger, exercise, and housecleaning have all been done with a much better attitude than ever. In fact, I started out in July with a 2GB iPod thinking that there was no way I would outgrow that. Alas, for Christmas I asked for a 30GB iPod (black please - you know, so the earplugs would blend better). I have not even come close to figuring out how to use it except that I have more music (spouse puts the music on it for me - he decided to broaden my musical horizens when he loaded it). I'm still looking for my CD collection, it got away from me recently to put even more stuff on this thing.

The problem I'm running into is that I'm finding places I would rather iPod than real life.... sadly sometimes church is one of those, work is usually one of those but I do intend to keep the job and not iPod. (Yes, I'm more afraid of God than the boss, however, I have a lot of very spiritual stuff on the iPod).

And another good thing, spouse loaded mahjong on the iPod...... really didn't think he would, I do waste a lot of time on that game. But on the upside, I've learned to use Mac a little better since he put the game on the laptop. See, there's always an upside...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My ipod has become my friend. I used it tonight during bathtime (for baby) and I always tell myself I'll use it for cleaning the kitchen but usually don't.

Beware the dependence though. When it dies you feel real loss. It's twisted. I'm temped to buy a nano now, just to put my new music on it so it won't be buried in with all the rest. Sick, I know.

So, want to sell your nano ;)

tigbeane said...

The battle for my iPod was interesting. It is now contaminated by lots of rap "music". I promised the iPod to #3 son, but then spouse thought #1 son should have it, as he is alone at work a lot and could really benefit from it. Then the offer to buy another one for #3 son has been made. Soon this house will be filled with people walking around with iPods, just coexisting with one another.