Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Adventures of the Heart


30 years ago I would have been amazed to have seen where we are now. Who would have know that so much could happen. The kids, the parents, the jobs, the dogs....... everything.
I know my parents weren't sure we should marry. We were both 18, very idealistic, and yet very confident that this was what God wanted in our lives. I still believe it. Both my parents are gone now, but they both have told spouse in different ways how glad they were to have him in the family.
I'm not sure what his parents thought. I was not like them at all. I was from "town", they were not. I'm still different, but so is their son. His dad is gone now, I did truly love him, and I do love his mom.
Why are we still together? I don't know. It isn't easy living with me, I do feel for my spouse. But he will also tell you he isn't perfect. But he is kinda cute, and his heart is so loving. I don't know why he loves me, I would have given up long ago. The years have been tough. We've never had enough money, it seems like things are a struggle, but then we had our faith (well, until that got destroyed as well). But we have been blessed so much by what God has given us, we have wonderful children, we have a home (my parents left us a great place to raise kids), we are regaining our faith, and we have dogs that love us even when no one else does. Again, why are we together when so many around us are not, I don't know. But I'm glad we are. Happy Valentines Day

No comments: