Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Tuckered Out


Have you ever been so tired you don't feel like talking, eating, or so tired you can't sleep. I worked last Thursday, Friday, and Saturday and have felt that way pretty much since. Saturday I went to see some friends that came in from out of town, I finally had to leave early. I usually am one of the last ones to go, not this time.

I'm fighting a cold, but also I think I'm just getting beat down. You know, you give, you give, and you give and it's never enough. We had a pt come down from the floor that had coded, no family could be found, when we finally did they wanted everything done. But then they weren't understanding that there was nothing we could really do. She was a very large woman, way over the classification for bariatric. It didn't change the way we cared for her, but it did frustrate our efforts to care for her.

I need renewal. I need to believe I'm making a difference somewhere. And the sad thing is, I'm one of the positive ones.

No comments: