Thursday, March 01, 2007

Beam Me Up Scottie


So today at work one of the nurses walked around all day talking about how she just needed two weeks away at the beach. ALL DAY...... At times she didn't seem like she was even aware of us.
The boss handled it well. Took her a cup of water with a packet of salt in it and a picture of a family at the beach.
I gave her a candy bar.... Milky Way...... so she could dream of being on the beach at night and looking up at the stars...... We help each other that way.....
Myself, I've always wanted a holideck like they had in Star Trek. I'm not sure what I would want the most, this way I could use it often. Today would have been a nice day to use it. My top choices: riding horses through the day; fishing in a quiet area; the beach is good, like that one. So many choices, so little funds.

No comments: