Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Time Out


As I said in my last post, I took the kid and we went to a local "mountain" and shot some photo's. This is a huge field filled with daffodils, about 3-4 acres I think. It was great fun, we both had cameras, both ended up on the ground shooting different angles. His photo's (and camera) are much better than mine, but the sunshine and just being free were great.
We then went to a boat dock and shot pictures of boats, water reflections and spider webs. Actually I just watched, my job was more to hold the lenses and make sure he didn't fall in.
It was peaceful....... okay except for the music. My general tendancy is to let him play his music when we are out. Christian rap isn't too bad, and I've almost stopped twitching......
Tomorrow is back to work, I love my job but we will be understaffed again. I went in to help for a few hours today and it was wild. The next three will be tough, but then again, I'm not the patient. I'll try Fat Doctors trick, see if pretending they are Jesus will help, but I suspect that will have it's own trauma.

1 comment:

M. Lumpkin said...

Hell of a day all around. I guess we really don't get "do-overs."

You and the rest of the team were in my mind all day. I wanted to be there but I had to take care of sick people in my home for a change. I'm glad you took the advice and got out in nature. I had a feeling you were going to need it.
-Chaplain the Kid