Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Dust Bowl



This is Lake Overholser in 1935 or my living room. Take your pick. I don't know what my mom did that angered God but she certainly didn't get the daughter she asked for. I believe she wanted one that would clean the house, bake, raise flowers, did I mention clean the house???? *also please note I inherited her house*

Dust is one of those things that overall just doesn't bother me. I figure, I don't bother it, it won't bother me. Then again, if I go and dust it, more just like it appears. Best I can tell there is a never ending supply of dust, but only a limited supply of me (now that's another topic).

But alas, sometimes the dust must be rearranged, today was one of those days. A couple of BOYS my sons age will be here Thursday - Saturday. Note, I said boys, they will not notice (at least none of the ones I've met) however on the off chance their parents enter my home, I have stirred the dust so new dust can appear.

We shall see. I really thought by the time I made the salary I make I could afford to hire someone to come do these tasks for me. Fair trade, I nurse people back to health (or something along that line) and I encourage the economy by getting my house clean. Alas, those people that live in my house demand to be fed, clothed, and have the lifestyle they are accustomed to.

2 comments:

siouxy said...

This reminds me of all the times my ex-mother/father-in-law would visit us. She would always manage, in her sweet "I always knew you weren't good enough for my son" way, to find the one (?) spot in my house that I had forgotten to clean.

Midlife Midwife said...

I would suggest the sign that hangs in my living room:
"Dust testing in progress, please do not disturb the samples" Works for me! (well that and an occassional Swiffer duster)