Monday, March 12, 2007

Dodge Ball


I've never seen the movie, but real life is interesting. Yesterday the males in the youth at church challenged the young married males to a round (or two) of dodge ball. I went to take pictures.
Males are interesting, yes I've known that for a long time but they still continue to fascinate me. Give them a ball and a challenge and they totally change. At work the day before one of the guys was explaining la crosse to me, I've never really seen a game but he used to play. It was interesting, the history of the game more than anything.
Dodge ball as I remembered was nothing like this. There was not only skill, but they set up traps. The youth were pretty well slaughtered, I think they anticipated an easy knock off, but it was not to be. Several of the guys were quite into it, I saw a lot of diving, jumping, etc. Oh, yes, I got hit. It was close several times, but one of the youth threw and I never saw that one. Seems the laws of physics don't bend because I'm female and not playing.
My son, oh my son. He is sooooooo one of them. If only he could move like that when he's here. I was quite impressed. I always knew he could smell like them, but seems he can blend with them well.
Of course what would be a gathering of males without the proverbial stuffing of one of them into the trash can. Actually they used some brotherly love because they didn't get this one too far in. However, sweat was applied to his face. At our church they call this bonding of males "NGL" or "non-gay love". The term was started by my #2 son at some male bonding experience. Actually this group is really good, and even though some of the guys have left the church they still maintain their relationships. All in all, it was great fun.

No comments: