Thursday, April 05, 2007

Winding Roads



Even wonder what would have happened had some event in your life had been different? In my case, what if my parents hadn't moved here when I was 6? What if they moved to a different state? Would I have married someone totally different? Would I still have become a nurse? What all would be different?

Another thought: Ever look at people you pass and wonder what they are thinking? What is their life like? What do they think of you? In doing patient care sometimes I wonder how I come accross to them, do they see that I care? Do they know that sometimes I cry when their loved ones die? I think of some families even now several years after I cared for them. Do my co-workers know I really mean the stuff when I say how much I enjoy them? Am I always bitchy and whiny (today was bad, I was a bitch)? I mistook a pt's family member the other day, he doesn't know how horrible I felt about it.... my brain is really bad on stuff like that.

I'm overall content with my life, sometimes I wonder, but not to change it as much as to think. Would I change it? A few things yes, but mostly no. I wouldn't be who I am without it (then again, maybe that would be good). Maybe I'm tired and need some sleep.... yep, that is true.

1 comment:

Midlife Midwife said...

"..and I took the road less traveled and that has made all the difference." Nice to know someone else thinks about the same things I do. I'm not so sure I want to know what my patients think about me. Can we run those thoughts through a ClearView DVD player and screen out all the unflattering ones?