Monday, November 13, 2006

Pearls Before Swine

I've just recently discovered this gem. As soon as I figure out how to get cartoons and pics on here (and that's like my brain is fried and non-tech oriented these days - and time challenged) I will show some of my favorites.

Of course, I'm also trying to discover what is important to me as a philosophy. The synical side of me is defined in my opening phrase about kittens and snakes. Those who actually know me are torn between am I a pessimist or an optomist. I actually don't know except to say that I know that man is totally corrupt and that man's heart can be changed (so am I a Calvinist or Armenian??). Mine was and is in process. I totally believe man can do things beyond our imagination yet man is redeemable (yet I love Mitch Rapp and his function in fiction).

So here are a few quotes from Pearls Before Swine - and my favorites aren't here, I expect a book for Christmas (hint, hint)


Rat: If you could have a conversation with one person, living or dead, who would it be
Pig: The living one.
[pause]

Pig: You must really think I'm stupid.
* * * * *
from pearls before swine

i love the crocks

Rat: I'm poor.
Goat: They say a man's wealth is not measured by money, but by the number of good friends he's made.
Rat: I'm bankrupt. * * * * *


Pig: What are you reading?
Goat (holding book): It's a mystery.
Pig: Have you checked the title page?
* * * * *
Rat: I saw my cousin Gene today.
Pig: Is he the guy that runs marathons?
Rat: Yeah, but he's a real jerk ... nobody in my family likes him.
Pig: It must be tough to have a bad Gene that runs in the family.

Will have more to follow. Must go educate the child now.

2 comments:

M. Lumpkin said...

I'm a huge fan of Pearls Before Swine. I especially love the bad pun ones.

-melody

tigbeane said...

You COMMENTED!!!!! YEAH!!!! Please continue to do so.....