Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Shopping with Teen

The 16 year old begged to go shopping today, even consented to dust prior to leaving (and I mean mom approved dusting, not his norm). Maybe I'm a pushover, but this kid continually amazes me. I figure there are only a few years that I get to have with them before they leave home (so I've been told anyway, none of mine have left) so I usually let him play his music in the truck. Today though, we compromised - at each stop we would change to the other ones CD. So..... christian rap to Nirvana (my choice) to christian rap to Christmas music (again, me). By the time we were done I was fried. Totally. I told spouse that I needed a drink with dinner, after I explained why he didn't mind at all.

The child and I had a talk while out. I told him that I wanted to live long enough to see his kids be teens. He looked at me and grinned (he has killer dimples) and stated that his kids would be demons. I replied that yes, he was screwed. He said that was fine, he was going to drop them off at my house every day. Figures I did school with him, I can teach his kids. We need to discuss philosophy of why you homeschool, so the parent can be closer to the child. It was fun, maybe when he sees a therapist (everyone should have therapy, and I would love to hear what my kids would say if they ever did) it won't be all bad on how I raised him. The middle child, I figure I won't come out as well, but we all know the middle kids get wronged throughout life anyway. The oldest kid, well, I bought him a dishwashing tool for his job and he was excited and grateful, I may fare well with him too. I hope so, he decorates the tree, I need to stay in his good graces.

No comments: