Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Bunnies and Kittens

While just sitting here reading Chaplain the Kids blog from some time ago I came across this quote: "The unity with which we were created can be seen in the way that anger triggers high blood pressure, and in the way that prayer and petting a bunny can lower it."

Isn't that cool? I love quotes. I don't quote often but I love reading them. I also collect cartoon books, currently I suspect the writer of Zits must be peering into my house. Well, actually the house in the cartoon is far cleaner than mine, I lose that battle daily.

Can I pick a favorite quote, no. But one that often comes to mind is from the great philosopher Jethro Tull: "He who made kittens put snakes in the grass." Why that one? I don't know, past history, current people in my life that I'm afraid to hug lest I give them a better target for the knife. Yes I've commented before about Southern culture but I dare say I would rather just avoid certain situations. As was said in Fiddler on the Roof, "God bless the Tzar and keep him far away." So I say about those that would do me and mine harm, whether intentional or not.

Methinks I need a bunny, and maybe some more Maalox..... Actually I do carry a bottle of Maalox in my backpack, along with a book or two, articles I need to read, spare undies (don't ask), stetoscope, batteries (not sure why, I think I forgot to get them out), scissors, hemostats, tons of paper stuff, should I dig deeper, nah, God only knows what I would find (maybe a bunny.....)

No comments: