Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Follow Up

Yesterday I went to see the man in the hospital I previously wrote about. He got his birthday present (his birthday would have been today) as I arrived. I think there was only a minute of real uncomfort for Jimmy, so he did go quickly. He is now with Jesus doing things we can't imagine. Isn't it wonderful, it's so far beyond our imagination! I would say, "I can't wait" but I can. I'm not in a rush, but neither am I afraid. There is much in my life that I have to believe will not be seen by Jesus when he looks at me, because He knows and has forgiven me. But there is much He has done in my life that makes me know that I'm a product of Him and have nothing to fear.

So what do we think Heaven will be? For me, I joke that Ben and Jerry's will be unlimited..... but maybe there's better than B & J? Can I finally play the piano better than now, like no wrong notes?? Could I finally sing?? Will my worship be unhindered by my frail mind? Will I finally understand why?? You ask why what? I say why anything. Why did all that crap happen in the church? Why are people mean? Why couldn't I have been wealthy? Why does B & J make me fat? Why almost anything in history? I'll be able to do math, on the downside, I won't care!!!! Why does the one kid I have that likes to read have to be dyslexic? My mind is spinning with the thoughts. Wow, now I have something to think about while I dwell on another issue, why can't I have someone clean my house, I need house fairys..... now I just have "those people that live in my house that leave their crap all about".

For now, I'll take my imperfect voice, my iPod, and clean the house. Then I'll take my fingers and play for awhile on the piano and worship the one that gave me the sense to wonder. So how's your day?

1 comment:

Fat Doctor said...

I think heaven will be comfort all the time, like sleeping in on a Saturday morning in a warm bed and knowing when you wake up everyone you love will be there waiting for you. I think it means no more questions, no more worries, no more loneliness. And I really want to see my old dog who died. But that's just me.