Wednesday, October 25, 2006

OH NO!!!

It was a simple task, call the church, see if #3 son was on the list for the activity. How hard could it be??? So I dialed the number from memory 555-5555..... it rang several times then came the voice...... at first I thought, why is the youth director doing the voice message? Then I heard what was being said, "You have reached The Gathering... formerly known as blah, blah, blah" The HORROR!!! It was the old church, the ones we left with barely our minds intact, the ones that sent me into Egypt..... ABORT, ABORT, ABORT!!!! My mind screamed like fire was striking me, I almost dropped the phone, THE HORROR!!!! I can't describe why it was so bad, but trust me, this was bad. Then there's the thought about caller ID, what if they notice I called, will they call me????? Panic, Panic!!

I need a bunny, a kitten, maybe several bunnies....... *shudder* I'd take a stiff drink but I'm supposed to go to church tonight and I'm not thinking they would understand. Besides, I don't have any. Wait, chocolate, its the answer...... I suspect some would say I should pray or meditate or something, but trust me, chocolate. :) (hunting in backpack, there's usually chocolate there as well....) Be quiet my mind.....

2 comments:

M. Lumpkin said...

Scary stuff. "The Gathering"? What the heck is that? A card game?

You don't realize how tender and raw those nerves are until you scrape them across the past.
-Matt

tigbeane said...

That is really the name of the place now, it used to be called something normal. It's still classified as a church, although they only have a few people and meet in a house. I'm still scared.