Sunday, October 08, 2006

JOY UNSPEAKABLE

This sounds terrible, but FAT DOCTOR READ MY BLOG!!!!! Thank you oh great one!!! Actually I've really learned a lot from reading her site and feel like I'm part of another whole community. Sadly, this community is grieving the loss of a young MD named Glorified Midwife. I've recently read all that she had written and have been reminded yet again oh how much loss there is in this world. Her family should know that even though many of us have never met her, we appreciated the brightness and joy that was in her.

It amazes me still that even though I treat patients with this condition, PE, that she died from, I still went back to read about it. How does this strike someone so young and healthy? But then, the physical body amazes me.

And on that note, I'm amazed at how much snot and mucous my body is producing. My patients voted yesterday and decided that sending me home was better than taking a chance at catching what I have. Seems my sitting my the cardiac monitor and moaning was not comforting to them. Self medicating may have not been the brightest choice, my blood sugar is now elevated from the meds, but I can breathe somewhat better. I really thought I would be feeling better by now, this sucks. I'm tired of this, I can't imagine what real patients feel like. Tomorrow I have to educate the child, hopefully he will be somewhat compliant and helpful in the task. I'm thinking that if I'm trying to read to him like this it may not go so well. You know, read three words, pant, pant, pant, three more words..... Oh well, back to watching the monitor...... tv...... God help me if I hear a code in my sleep........

No comments: