Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I'm Still in Shock

I'm not sure why I'm telling this on myself, except that it's funny and I basically have lost so much pride anyway, why not. This returning to church thing has been very stressful for me. I don't know why, just learning all the names, when so many know me and my family. But I've really thrown myself into it: Sunday School party, lunch with the SS ladies, Pampered Chef parites, etc. I even bought two new dresses to wear - this is huge. So on a previous Sunday I wore one of the new dresses, what I forgot to do (and still haven't done) is bought shoes and knee-high hose. That morning as I was frantically trying to get ready and discovered what I had forgot, I thought ah, I can find some around here, and I was successful. However, one had a small runner (who's going to be looking at my legs anyway) and another not really matching one that the elastic at the top wasn't strong. It's two hours, how bad could this be???

On the way to church I bought a coke (16oz) to drink in Sunday School. When I got in the class one of the nice ladies that I really like talked to me for a few minutes, then said, "oh look, your hose fell down." Of course, the adreniline kicked in, I grabbed it and RIP! Great, but I'm thinking, I'll just slip into the bathroom after SS, turn the tear to the inside, no one will see and I'll need to pee before church anyway."

Well, SS ends, nice lesson..... and off I race to the bathroom. Oh, did I forget to mention the shoes I'm wearing fly off my feet with the hose, every other step I'm having to put them back on. Down the stairs, almost there, one more corner....... WHAM!!!! some little heathen child runs around the corner and nails me, bladder level...... I've had three rather large children, I'm fortyish, uh, HOUSTON, WE HAVE A MAJOR PROBLEM........ after I pick myself up off the floor, I retreat to the bathroom (that I no longer need to use now). I frantically decide that if I hurry I can find spouse, run home, change and make it back before anyone is the wiser. However, at our church the designers made it so that you pretty much have to walk from the front of the sanctuary to get to the back where spouse is. In the course of doing that sooooooo many people were sooooo friendly, I'm still hearing about how "not your self" I was. Well, after getting to the house, I just couldn't bring myself to return. (Yes, I'm late for church because I have this little problem......)

I suspect I will have the repair done sooner after this. I just hate the thought of being a patient. That brings up all new issues, and I've not been so trusting lately.

No comments: